One of the most popular perks of working with Be My Guest Design is adding your guest’s names to your invitations – and at no extra cost!
We’ve put together some guidelines as often the first question we get is “well, how do you want the names then?”. And that’s a great question to hear. Submitting your guest’s names in the correct format means your design can be created faster, and has less chance of typos/errors happening.
All information submitted for design is to be typed up. This is because there’s a high chance of error when trying to type up a document and/or trying to decipher someone else’s handwriting. This typed up file/list does not need any fancy formatting. In fact, I’d prefer it didn’t! Where possible, we copy and paste the exact text we are supplied, straight into the design file.
Plain Text List Required
What’s plain text? I’m not talking about a special computer code or special program. Just simply, a list of your names that we can copy and paste with no fancy formatting. Here’s some examples for different situations
Submitting your guest list for your wedding invitations
- Please submit your guest names written exactly how you want them to appear on the wedding invitation. i.e. if you want your guest’s first names listed on the invitation, then only submit their first names (in this case, supply Amanda rather than Amanda Cookson)
- Group your guests names together – one line is one invitation (Craig and Amanda rather than a separate line for Craig and another line for Amanda)
- Decide if you want to use “and” or “&” and use this consistently throughout your guest list
- No special formatting – i.e. no numbering, tabs, multiple spaces, bullet points, columns. They just create more work. Seriously, it doesn’t have to be pretty (that’s what you’ve got us for)
- You can submit your list in the body of your email, or in a single column within a spreadsheet. If you’re using the Southern Bride Guest List Planner Template we love that too.
Amanda and Craig
Mum and Dad
Scott and Partner
Wally and Glenys
- Amanda and Craig
- Mum & Dad
- Scott’s Partner
- Wally Riach and Glenys Riach
Submitting your guest list for your placecards
- Please submit your guest names written exactly how you want them to appear on the placecards. i.e. if you want your guest’s first names listed on the placecard, then only submit their first names. (in this case, supply Amanda rather than Amanda Cookson)
- Each guest goes on an individual line (as each guest needs a placecard)
- If you order more placecards than you have guests, we will supply the extra ones without a name, so you’ve got spares. You don’t need to label them “Spare” as we will automatically add the extras on.
- I do not require any special formatting – i.e. no numbering, tabs, multiple spaces, bullet points, columns
- You can submit your list in the body of your email, or in a single column within a spreadsheet
Submitting your seating plan diagram for your seating plan
Many couples find it easiest to create these in spreadsheets, and that’s perfect for us. Seating diagrams created in Word can be a bit harder to copy/paste from, as people tend to add columns, tabs or spaces that don’t copy and paste well. Simple is perfectly fine by me. You can also share a plain text list. i.e.:
First line is the table name and subsequent lines are the guests at that table: