Your wedding invitation sets the tone for your event, right from your wedding guest’s receiving the envelope. Make an impression with personalised wedding invitations.
Be My Guest’s Wedding Invitations include:
- An electronic draft of your wedding invitation, before it goes to print – so you can see how everything looks, and request any changes needed.
- Personal attention to the design and wording, including tweaks to the design to fit your preferred wording. We’ll help your invitation says just the right thing. More help with wedding invitation wording can be found here.
- All our wedding invites, envelopes and packaging boxes are NZ made. Your wedding invites and any extra info cards needed are professionally printed on our range of reliable, environmentally-responsible cardstocks, on a high quality commercial printer
- A minimum of 30 wedding invitations required
Optional Extras for your Gatefold Wedding Invitations
- Add your guest’s names to the wedding invitations, with free guest name printing (here’s more information on printing your guest names on your wedding invitations)
- Add on adhesive magnetic strips, so your wedding invitations can go on the fridge.
- Matching 30mm envelope seals to embellish your envelopes (or use them for wedding favours!)
- Envelope liners can be added to give another layer of luxe to your wedding invitation suite.
- A matching bellyband can hold all the pieces of your invitation suite together
- Teardrop Paperclips in black, silver, rose gold or gold are a great option for clipping envelopes to RSVP cards or attaching small tags.
- There are a couple of different sizes of RSVP card and envelopes which can be included to match too.
- A lace embellishment or a matching personalised tag are other closure options available for customising your wedding invitations to suit you.
Gatefold Wedding Invitations Frequently Asked Questions
What is a gatefold wedding invitation?
A gatefold wedding invite is a folded style of invitation which has two side panels. When your wedding guest pulls the invitation out of the envelope, the panels are folded closed. Your guest opens these panels to reveal your wedding’s important details inside on a central panel. This leaves the two side panels which can be used for printing additional details or a timeline of your wedding day.
When closed, the invitation measures 105x148mm, and it opens to measure a generous 210x148mm. They fit into C6 envelopes which are supplied with your invitations.
If you choose to include additional information or RSVP cards, they’ll fit neatly inside your wedding invitation so everything will fit together in a neat package.
I like this design but my wedding colours are different, can I change the colours?
- In short: Yes!
- There is a lot of flexibility for changing the printed colours of the invitations and information cards themselves, as they are digitally printed. There is no extra charge for this, however you may wish to purchase a printed proof, so you can check the colours are exactly what you want before we print the whole set.
- You can also opt to change the mailing envelopes to complement your colour scheme. White or kraft envelopes are included at no charge, or you can upgrade to a coloured or metallic envelope. There are also RSVP envelopes in a range of colours depending on the size needed.
What is a gatefold closure?
Your gatefold wedding invite’s side panels fold closed. This gives the drama of a reveal as your guests open their invite. A gatefold closure slows the reveal down, holds any inserts into one package, and works as an additional embellishment.
Most couples opt to include a gatefold closure. The options available through Be My Guest are:
- Tie: A coloured ribbon or twine that can be tied around the invite
- Tag & Tie: A coloured ribbon or twine, with a square or diamond shaped 50x50mm card tag that matches the design.
- Lace, Tag & Tie: As above, but with the addition of a pretty lace strip that wraps around your invitation.
- Bellyband: a strip of card with an adhesive tape on one end. It is wrapped around the pocketfold and can be slid on/off. Designed to match the inside design.
- Lace and Bellyband: As above, but with the addition of a pretty lace strip that peeks out the top and bottom of the bellyband.
- No closure: You don’t need to get a closure at all – go without one or DIY your own!
What card options do I have for my wedding invitations?
I’m so glad you asked – we have detailed information on each card option here. A lot of the character and vibe of your wedding can be conveyed by selecting a different card option, for example an organic earth feel with a kraft brown card, or a luxe event with a metallic card option. You can also purchase a wedding invitation sample pack to help you make your decision. The cost of the sample pack is redeemable against your future wedding invitation order.
When should I send out my wedding invitations?
We’ve covered off our recommended wedding invitation timeline here.
Do I have to assemble the invitations myself?
Your gatefold wedding invitations will arrived very nearly ready to hand out to your guests! They’ll be flat with creases to fold them closed, but we do not fold them closed or add any embellishments that “close” your invitations. That’s because you’ll either need to see what guest name is on each invitation, for when addressing and stuffing envelopes. Or you’ll be handwriting your guest’s names onto them.
How should I word my wedding invitations?
Our designers are happy to help with wording your invitations though – we will suggest tweaks and can advise on appropriate etiquette if required.
What’s the turnaround time for my personalised wedding invites?
The entire process from design to revisions, printing and posting your wedding invites takes only around two weeks. That means our design team will be working on your mock-up invite shortly after you order. You can expect to receive your digital mock-up within a couple of days, to let you check it before we have your invites printed.
Once you’ve given us final sign off, your order will be printed and ready to send within 3-5 business days. All our stationery items are printed on a high quality commercial digital press and trimmed to size with a commercial grade guillotine. If your order includes any embellishments or assembly, we will complete this once the stationery has been printed. This will add 2-5 business days to your order (it varies depending on the size and complexity of your order). More information on wedding invitation turnaround times is available on our FAQ page, here.