Express your gratitude and thanks to your loved ones with personalised Thank You cards after your wedding. The post-wedding thank you note is a chance to show off your gorgeous wedding photos. Plus it’s a great opportunity to formally thank your wedding guests for their generous gifts and support. As the last piece of wedmin, the thank yous can feel like a bit of a chore, but we promise the process is quick and hassle free.
Psst – thank you notes are not just for weddings – Don’t be afraid to order these thank you cards for different events – while the pictures and designs shown here are skewed towards weddings, we also look after engagement party thank you cards, 21st party thank you notes, sponsorship thank you’s, baby thank you notes – the list goes on!
Types of thank you cards
All our thank you cards are designed, printed and shipped from our studio in Mosgiel, just out of Dunedin. We offer three main styles of thank you cards, tried and tested over our 9+ years:
Postcard style thank you cards
The postcard style is a flat card measuring 105x148mm. This can be printed on both sides. Perhaps pop a photo on the front and then a preprinted “thanks” on the reverse? Cute with a magnet for someone’s fridge and not too much room if you don’t feel like writing a long thank you message!
Greeting card style thank you notes
A folded card, measuring 210x148mm when unfolded. We can design these to sit tall (portrait) with the fold at the lefthand side, or long (landscape) with the crease at the top. It’s usually whatever will suit your favourite wedding photo! Either way, these should sit on a bookcase or mantlepiece quite nicely. Add photos to the outside of the card and leave lots of room for a handwritten message inside the card – or get us to print a special note on the inside to help get your note-writing underway. We also often add a group photo from the wedding on the inside.
Concertina style thank you cards
A concertina thank you card is a folded style of card. Suitable for sharing lots of shots from your wedding day, while still allowing you plenty of room for a thank you message. The size options available are ‘standard’, which has three panels. The ‘long’ size option has four panels. When your friends or family pull the card out of the envelope, the invitation is all closed and only the top panel is visible. They open the invitation to reveal all the important wedding details on the panels inside.
These are also known as z-fold or trifold cards.
For the standard/three panel concertina invitation, the opened up size is 148x315mm. The long/four panel concertina invitations are 148x420mm.
Optional Extras for your Thank You Cards
Thank you card envelopes
The C6 sized envelopes that come with your order are the perfect fit for the finished/folded closed size of all of these pieces, at 105x148mm. All our envelopes are made in New Zealand. Check out our range of colours available below.
I like this design but my colours are different, can I change the colours?
- In short: Yes!
- There is a lot of flexibility for changing the printed colours of the invitations and information cards themselves, as they are digitally printed. There is no extra charge for this, however you may wish to purchase a printed proof, so you can check the colours are exactly what you want before we print the whole set.
- You can also opt to change the mailing envelopes to complement your colour scheme. White or kraft envelopes are included at no charge, or you can upgrade to a coloured or metallic envelope. There are also RSVP envelopes in a range of colours depending on the size needed.
What card options do I have for my thank you cards?
I’m so glad you asked – we have detailed information on each card option here.
A lot of the character and vibe of your wedding can be conveyed by selecting a different card option, for example an organic earth feel with a kraft brown card, or a luxe event with a metallic card option. If you want a photograph printed on the front, the standard white card option gives a vibrant result. The textured or coloured card options will affect the look of your photograph so may not be the best option if you want to share the photograph to its best advantage.
You can also purchase a wedding invitation sample pack to help you make your decision. The cost of the sample pack is redeemable against your future wedding invitation order.
What’s the turnaround time for my personalised thank you cards?
The entire process from design to revisions, printing and posting your thank you cards takes only around a week. That means our design team will be working on your mock-up invite shortly after you order. You can expect to receive your digital mock-up within a couple of days, to let you check it before we have your invites printed.
Once you’ve given us final sign off, your order will be printed and ready to send within 2-5 business days. All our stationery items are printed on a high quality commercial digital press and trimmed to size with a commercial grade guillotine. More information on turnaround times is available on our FAQ page, here.
Thank You Cards designed by Be My Guest include:
- Personal attention to the design and wording of your thank you cards – including incorporating your wedding photo, and tweaking the design to your preferred wording and photo layout preferences.
- An electronic draft mockup of your card before it goes to print – so you can see how everything looks, and request any changes. Up to two rounds of revisions are included.
- All of the Thank You Greeting Cards are professionally printed on a high quality commercial digital printer and trimmed to size with a commercial grade guillotine.
- NZ made, basic white envelopes to fit (or upgrade to deluxe white, kraft and coloured envelopes).