Save the Date Cards designed by Be My Guest include:
- An electronic draft of your Save the Date, before it goes to print – so you can see how everything looks, and request any changes needed.
- Personal attention to the design and wording, including tweaks to the design to fit your preferred wording. We’ll help your invitation card says just the right thing.
- All our Save the Dates, envelopes and packaging boxes are NZ made. Your Save the Dates are professionally printed on our range of reliable, environmentally-responsible cardstocks, on a high quality commercial printer
- A minimum of 20 Save the Date cards required
Optional Extras for your Customised Save the Dates
- Personalise each Save the Date with each guest’s names with guest name printing (here’s more information on printing your guest names on invitations)
- Add on adhesive magnetic strips, so your Save the Dates can go on the fridge.
- Matching 30mm envelope seals to embellish your envelopes (or save them for wedding favours!)
- Envelope liners can be added to give another layer of luxe to your Save the Date mailing.
- Teardrop Paperclips in black, silver, rose gold or gold are a great option for adding embellishments or attaching small tags.
- Opt for matching bellybands, a lace embellishment or a matching personalised tag for customising your Save the Dates to suit you.
Save the Date Invitations: Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Luggage Tag Save the Date card?
A Luggage Tag Save the Date card is a flat invitation card measuring 105x148mm. The top corners are cut on an angle to make your card mimic a luggage label. The card then has a hole punched through the center and embellished with a rivet.
They are sent to your prospective wedding guests to get them to reserve your wedding date. They indicate your names, wedding date and a general location for your wedding. Sending Save the Date cards is a good idea for getting your wedding guests to start planning to attend your wedding – considering their travel arrangements, save up, time off work etc. More information on Save the Dates here.
Your order will come with C6 envelopes.
I like this design but my wedding colours are different, can I change the colours?
- In short: Yes!
- There is a lot of flexibility for changing the printed colours of the Save the Dates, as they are digitally printed. There is no extra charge for this, however you may wish to purchase a printed proof, so you can check the colours are exactly what you want before we print the whole set.
- You can also opt to change the mailing envelopes to complement your colour scheme. White envelopes are included at no charge, or you can upgrade to one of our coloured envelopes.
What card options do I have for my Save the Dates?
I’m so glad you asked – we have detailed information on each card option here. A lot of the character and vibe of your wedding can be conveyed by selecting a different card option, for example an organic earth feel with a kraft brown card, or a luxe event with a metallic card option. You can also purchase a wedding invitation sample pack to help you make your decision. The cost of the sample pack is redeemable against your future wedding invitation order.
When should I send out my Save the Dates?
- We’ve covered off our recommended save the date & wedding invitation timeline here.
What’s the turnaround time for my personalised Save the Dates?
- The entire process from design to revisions, printing and posting your wedding invites takes only around two weeks. That means our design team will be working on your mock-up invite shortly after you order. You can expect to receive your digital mock-up within a couple of days, to let you check it before we have your invites printed.
- Once you’ve given us final sign off, your order will be printed and ready to send within 3-5 business days. All our stationery items are printed on a high quality commercial digital press and trimmed to size with a commercial grade guillotine. More information on invitation turnaround times is available on our FAQ page, here.
Do we have to send Wedding Invitations if we send Save the Dates?
- Yes! A Save the Date is an indication you’re invited, but it’s not THE invite. Save the Date Cards don’t include much detail because quite often you haven’t narrowed down all the finer detail when you’re that far out.
How should I word my Save the Date invitations?
Keep it simple! You want to keep it short and sweet. Our designers are happy to help with wording your Save the Date cards – we will suggest tweaks and can advise on appropriate etiquette if required.